Monday, June 21, 2010

R.I.P. Grandpa

Aunty called me today. I was shocked to hear the news. He was always so fit, so healthy and so humor. I was very sick, still now. But I know the family need me more than anyone else. I went to BJ’s house around 5pm after hanging out with Fawn and the rest at Lab.

The atmosphere of the house was, was like typical funeral. Everyone’s wearing white, tables set out at garage, flowers and banners around the main gate. I walked in and gave a hug to aunty. We talked for a while and she said BJ had been in the room since y’day, not eating. Aunty was very worried. I walked upstairs, knocked the door, and went in to his room. He wasn’t on his bed and it was tidy. I turned around and there he was, sitting on the couch facing TV. I sat beside him and hold his hand, he leaned on my shoulder. His tears dropped on my shoulder and I said nothing but hold his hand tighter and pat his head. I don’t know how long we’ve sit there, but he finally slept. I looked around the room and he still has our photos in frame on the tables, beside his bed, on his book shelves. And I thought he moved on, and started dating with that girl. But none of her picture was there.

Aunty came in and called for supper. She told me a lot of stories, which I still can’t believe. I know then, he didn’t tell his parents about us, breaking up. His mom figured out eventually but dad still believes we’re together. When I asked Aunty about the girl he’s dating right now, she said he never did fell into that girl but just to show to me that he moved on. I backed to his room and saw him looking at his childhood album with his grands. I walked to him and sat right beside him. The moment I hold his hand, I knew I would never want to let go of him, again. I try to hold my tears, and tell him stories, funny moments we used to share. He was the only person that didn’t laugh because of my sexy voice. In fact, he holds my hand with his both hands and said don’t leave. My heart paused for a while. Who would want to leave this poor fella like this alone. I know I wouldnt, ever.

BJ’s grandpa was a humor person. Last time, when BJ and I were still together we used to have dinner with his family. His grandpa would always come up with jokes that could make our evenings so pleasant. I always get hyper when I know I’m gonna meet with him that day itself. He was very good to me, as if I’m his grandchild and treat me so well as if I was already one of the family. He liked me very much and tends to called me “BJ’s wife”. BJ love his grandpa so much and they were so close. The grief that he’s going through now is greater than anyone could imagine. That’s why he needs someone there with him, that’s why I’m there, right beside him. I don’t know what will this lead us to and will we be back together again or not. What I concern the most is that, to help him to stand up and to help the family to move on. That’s my role for now.

R.I.P. grandpa. Thank you for giving my so much love, caring and laughter even though we’re not related.

No comments:

Post a Comment