Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Mix One

hmm...I get it, like all the time.

During Taylor's, almost everyone thought I'm mix in that ice-breaking games.
"Huh, I thought you're a chindian?!"
"Aren't you mix?"
"Are you from somewhere like Mongolia?"

During HMC,
The counsellor - Wilson asked
"... Did you bring your photocopies of passport? We can print it here for you if you havent printed it out. And your ___ exam result?"

Kher ye asked
"Are you a foreigner?"

Fiona asked
"So which part of China you're from?"

And Fatin asked
"You know when I first saw you I was so sure you're mix or foreigner. After couple of weeks only I realized you're not."

During work,
Customers tend to asked THE SAME QUESTIONS.
"Which country you come from?"
"So do you think Malaysia's interesting? Where have you visit to?"
"Why do you come to Malaysia to work? Is your country's pay very low?"

My students asked
"Teacher are you really Australian? Because you look like one. Is your mum chinese and dad's a Asutralian."

Now, Bpsy
Orientation day,
This guy came to me and talk about stuffs. Then he asked
"By the way, do you need help for direction in KL? Here's a map for you. There's shopping malls and places where you can find foods. "

Few days ago, in LLS was grouping up with this girl beside me. We were suppose to talk about movies stuffs, that's what Justin said. So I group up with this stranger which ended up asking me
"Are you mix? Like Chinese American? You have the caucasion face."

And you know what's the most funny part? I go shopping, went in some stores, where chinese staff approach to me and ask "Boleh saya bantu keh cik?"

You can call me whatever you want me to be. A Chindian, Mongolia, China, Indonesia, Jakarta, Australian (my pleasure!) ... BUT not MALAY! ==
If a staff from any store talk to me like i'm a malay, I wont visit that store AGAIN, EVER!
I'm so overdramatic! haha


YES! I'm mix! Chinese with Australian!
Done?! Please dont ask me again. =)

XOXO
You know you love me, Phebs

No comments:

Post a Comment