Monday, April 20, 2009

Hols and quitting

Everyone, no matter people who's in working or studying, always expect the holidays...

For me, there's never a holiday. I guess the last holiday i had was...2-3 years ago?
With the economic downturn, i was lucky to get a job last year, a part time job. At first, I could still cope it. However, recently things got heavier. Lots of people come, I've gotta interview them, teach them stuffs, clean up the mess they did, then they quit and leave. At the end, just me, doing all the things by myself.

Last night, Andrew told me that, it's all about self-interest. In the reality, you don't care about how others' going to cope if you quit the job. If you do so, who's going to care about you? It's not like they pay you 15$ per hour, and you've to work like shit? If you feel like quitting the job, just quit.

Today, Derek told me that, if it's not about Mr. Yap, he wont even give a damn on this job. People here don't care about you. They don't care whether you can finish the job, but the job done on the desk.

He's right. Some of the people just couldn't stand the tension and stress given, so they quit. Yea, maybe they quit in a irresponsible way, throwing a mess for the rest to clean, but have anyone wonder why these people do so? There's a boundaries, limit, a line... you can take this kind of stress doesn't mean others deserve what you're going through.

All i think about was should I or shouldn't I quit the job when i was in office today. Why do I accept the job at the first place? What makes me wanted to work? Why am I still working here while I'm running out of time for the tons of reports, assignments, presentations...waiting for me to finish? Is this good for me? Do I actually have any time for myself? Other than studying and working, who i am?, what else i did in everyday?... ... ... AM I HAPPY?

No comments:

Post a Comment