Saturday, April 25, 2009

Family...

A call i received just now ...

"...I've gotta go out for a dinner with the others shareholders, there's 20$ bucks i put on your table, go have your dinner with your friends. I'll be coming home late tonight...Mom."

All I did said in the phone was "Hello" and "bye"....

Things changed, people changed, the world is changing.... but not my family....

I've been sick of empty promises and lies since God knows when... I've a mum, and she's all I have. I love her and I know she loves me too. Since a kid, I've been told that mummy is busy doing works, I should take care of myself and never brings her troubles. All this years, when I was sick, very very ill, hurt, accidents, any problems I faced, I gotta solve it myself cause I know that mummy wont have any extra time for me. I can't take her time for just solving my little tiny problem. Honestly, I barely see my mum's images in my mind during my childhood. All I could see is...the maids and babysitters.

Whenever, my friends telling their family stories, I smiled. But, behind that smiling face, I envy. I envy them for, they always have their mom to fetch them after school, they could see their mom when they step in the house, they can have a long chat with their mom and laughing all the time, and some of them even sleep with their mom...

People said "...Phoebe, you must be very lucky since you're the only child in the family..." Yea, how lucky am i to have a workaholic mom...I don't hate her, I just want to spend some time with her... I guess this called "wishful thinking", something I learned in critical thinking skill.

I remember, when I was in primary school, I used to pretend I'm sick and called my mom to come over school to pick me up. It's not about skipping classes, but wanted to see my mom, wanted her to pay more attention to me than her works. I guess, it never works and it cause my mom a lot of problems and since then I learned my lesson : Never disturb mummy no matter what happened.

I'm really glad that I've a mum which I know many others in the world didn't even know who's their mom or how their mom looks like. But mummy, I just want a little time from you...just a little...

No comments:

Post a Comment